How does going digital change our expo?Posted on May 10, 2020
If you have been to a Build a Dream career discovery expo in the past, you know that it’s an inspiring and energetic event where young women can meet with female professionals and industry representatives who are interested in creating balance in the workforce.
If you have not been to an expo in the past, take a few minutes to check out the experience:
As an organization that excels at presenting in-person events, the Build a Dream team was disappointed when the realization came that 2020 events would have to be canceled. With the expectation that as many as 10,000 individuals would attend Build a Dream Expos this year, it was important to still offer career discovery but with a twist.
The events team wanted to capture as much of that energy and inspiration as possible, so on May 27, families are invited to attend a digital expo that still promises to offer insight, advice, empowerment, and prizes!
#DreamHomeEdition still focuses on careers where women are under-represented: skilled trades, STEM, emergency response, and entrepreneurship.
- Dream Maker Panel – One of the most popular parts of our expos is where the audience gets to hear from women in industry sharing career advice and insight
- Building Your Toolbox – While you won’t be able to walk around and talk to resources like FIRST Robotics and Job Talks face-to-face, we’re putting them on stage to highlight their programs and answer your questions about skills you can build in high school
- Post-Secondary Pathways – College and university reps will discuss different options for students and answer questions about programs, tuition, and more
- OnDemand Video Zone – While we know that you will miss talking to employers, we’ve been able to gather a lot of video resources where you hear about companies, see a day in the life for different jobs, and learn more about careers you may not have previously considered
- DIY Activities, Games, Prizes & More! Expos always include fun and prizes and going digital doesn’t mean we have to give all of that up
Career discovery expos are meant to encourage and empower and going digital hasn’t changed this. Register for your FREE spot today and get help to start those important career discussions!