In 2014, a special event was held to address the skilled trades/STEM shortage in Windsor, Ontario. Several stakeholders realized that this should not be a singular event and Build a Dream was formed. The organization grew steadily and after moving province-wide, founder Nour Hachem-Fawaz knew that it was necessary to expand the movement across Canada. Today, Build a Dream continues to empower young women to make informed career choices, and utilizes surveys, feedback, and success stories to track the positive impacts that programming has made in Canadian communities. The non-profit is 100% funded through partners who believe in promoting diversity and inclusion to strengthen the workforce.
Read more about our impact:
Meet our leadership team, a diverse crew with extensive experience in:
- developing programs and services to help communities (including newcomers, women on social assistance, high school students, college and university students)
- workforce development and building your future talent pipeline
- recruitment and retention strategies
- youth attraction & career exploration
- parent engagement
- industry relations
. » LEARN MORE
- Led national research project with AIA Canada to develop a nationwide strategy to help attract, recruit, retain, and advance women in the automotive industry
- Traveled across Canada to speak to education and industry about workforce development and recruiting women in male-dominated careers
- Founder of FIRST Robotics Amazon Warriors (all-female robotics team)
- Leadership-certified (Coady Institute, Canadian Women’s Foundation)
- MLCP-Certified (Manufacturing Leadership Certificate Program)
- Champion of Women in Manufacturing – Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Supporter of See It Be It Stem It
- Member of Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Meet the group of professionals who help guide the the non-profit. » LEARN MORE
Discover the diverse range of progressive founders who created the Build a Dream. » LEARN MORE
Find out how we collaborate with a variety of stakeholders (including education, government, industry, and community) to help diversify our workforce. » LEARN MORE
Build a Dream is a proud champion of CM&E’s goal to “increase the number of women in manufacturing by 100,000 in 5 years, bringing the total jobs held by women in manufacturing to 525,000 by 2023.” You can access their free Gender Inclusion & Diversity Toolkit here.
Build a Dream is pleased to announce a partnership with Tools of the Trade. We are proud to partner on this initiative and sponsor each ‘Woman in Industry’ spotlight on the podcast. Together we can increase awareness around the need for quality resources, support, and diversity in construction and skilled trades.