Career and Volunteering Opportunities
POSITION: EVENT COORDINATOR, FULL-TIME, 35 HOURS/WEEK ($20+/HR)
Application Deadline: FEBURARY 7, 2020
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research and present information regarding halls, venues, for all events undertaken by Build a Dream. This includes Career Discovery Expos, day symposiums, International Day of the Girl, and other events as launched by the organization.
2. Volunteer oversight: organize and oversee all volunteers for all events.
3. Provide overview of volunteer responsibilities, develop a training manual, and ensure all volunteers execute their duties at each event.
4. Oversee the setup and tear down of all events, ensuring that there are the appropriate complements of volunteers and staff to execute a successful event.
5. Ensure all necessary materials, signage, display booths, and swag bags are prepared in a timely manner and ready for setup at each event.
6. Responsible for the research of potential exhibitors and/or sponsors for all events in any city Build a Dream launches an event in. This includes but is not limited to: Windsor, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Port Elgin, the Greater Toronto Area, and any future locations where Build a Dream might launch an event.
7. Maintain records of inventory of all things needed to launch a successful event (swag bags, signage, event programs, parent/student surveys, passports, swag that is sold at events, giveaways provided by sponsors, to name a few.
8. Provide weekly reports on the status of all events the incumbent is working on.
9. Ability to travel to event locations, assist with setup, and oversee the tear down at each event.
10. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Post secondary education in event planning, or project management with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a related field. Demonstrated customer service excellence, with strong written and oral communications skills. The incumbent will spend considerable time interfacing with large corporations, manufacturers, business, industry, organizations in the course of their responsibilities.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Driver’s license required, and to be prepared for travel throughout Ontario. Ability to lift up to 20 kg of weight, moving displays and boxes, setting up at events
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Feburary 7, 2020.