Consider a career in corrections
The Correctional Services division of the Ministry of the Solicitor General has a new posting for 112 positions across Ontario. These positions pay $??.?? – $??.?? ??? ????!
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Perform a full range of duties, including the care, custody, control and supervision of offenders
- Interact with offenders to maintain security and safety in the facility
- Provide community escort duties to ensure the safety of offenders, staff, visitors and the public
- Maintain communications with a range of contacts, including offenders, co-workers, supervisors, clinical and medical staff
How do I qualify?
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- Possess oral French skills at the Advanced-Minus level (for bilingual positions)
- Be currently certified and/or able to be certified by first day of employment in Emergency First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Heartsaver (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator(AED)
- Must have original proof of Grade 12 completion or an equivalency (e.g. general equivalency diploma/certificate)
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, including days, afternoons and nights, and on weekends and statutory holidays
Applicants will then need to complete a series of tests and eligibility requirements during the recruitment process.
For more information, you can see the job posting online or check out the recruitment brochure: